Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Review - eBay Props

His415

Join
Jul 12, 2017
Hey everyone!

I just got 4 pairs of gold props in for the spark.

Check out this quick review, I think these props sound deeper and quieter than the factory ones. (By a little)

eBay link to the props is in the video description.

Thanks for the review...though I would like to caution you in regards to aftermarket props. Sometimes its not as simple as just looking and feeling them for quality, the balancing of the props are most critical. Also, don't be fooled when the item location says "US".

That is great advice! I wouldn't want prop failure in the middle of a flight.

Sticking with factory props. Too much to loose if they fail
For the low cost of factory props it's not worth the risk. Actually, own/owned of 6 DJI platforms and have NEVER changed the props on any of them.

Reactions: Sparkbart
I'm apparently a bad driver! :)

I'm apparently a bad driver! :)
Nah...just trying to save you a headache down the road. If a malfunction were to happen not related to the props and you had to submit a flight log to DJI for a warranty claim the "knock off" props could become an issue. I'm not the authority on flight logs, but @msinger has posted about this back on the Phantom forums a while back.

Reactions: His415
ha ha, no worries, I can own it, i'm a bad driver! I crashed into the same lamp post twice in the same flight. LOL I practice in the park when there is absolutely no one there.

For the low cost of factory props it's not worth the risk. Actually, own/owned of 6 DJI platforms and have NEVER changed the props on any of them.
In see wear on the leading edge of my props closest to to the mounting point on all my props. Maybe 4 hours of flight time on them. No crashes, but some landings in short grass

In see wear on the leading edge of my props closest to to the mounting point on all my props. Maybe 4 hours of flight time on them. No crashes, but some landings in short grass
Yes, I noticed that sort of wear on my Mavic. Haven't flown my Spark nearly as much, but being that the props are similar to the Mavic I'm sure they'll wear soon.

I'm with aviscomi, why go with non-OEM when the price difference is marginal and also completely agree about warranty claims with non-OEM props. Just not worth the few bucks saved for me.

On another note; I don't think the "stipling" is good for airflow. While Fluid Dynamics isn't my area of knowledge as an Engineer, You don't see airfoils/wings of any type that have irregular/textured surfaces, they are as smooth as can be made. Irregularities disrupts "smooth" airflow over/under the wing that would affect lift. A real life example is the "de-icing" of aircraft in the winter. While in part it so the planes aren't heavier, its more for airflow over the wings, rudder and stabilizers.

A propeller is basically a "wing", so same principles of "lift" apply...

When it comes to props and batteries it is only OEM for me. I realize there are some good replacements but just the same there is some shoddy workmanship with some replacement parts.

When it comes to props and batteries it is only OEM for me. I realize there are some good replacements but just the same there is some shoddy workmanship with some replacement parts.
That was kinda the message I was trying to convey to the OP. OEM props only cost a measly $9, compared to the cost of the Spark ($500+) $9 is nothing. DJI forums are filled with horror stories from pilots flying with "knock parts". The eBay seller where the OP bought the props also sells this well known drone related item:
US SHIP 8pcs Reusable Stainless Steel Whiskey Wine Stones Ice Cubes & Tongs | eBay
:rolleyes:

Ha, yeah probably not to reliable. You guys have convinced me. I'm going to stick to Oem props!

Does anyone knows the difference between 4730F and 4730S propeller? The original one that comes with the drone are 4730F... But in Amazon, eBay there're both types and also 4730F that seems like it isn't original.

I learned my lesson with third party props. Bought a package of 2 sets of 4 props. The first set was ok in normal mode, but erratic flight in sport mode (push left stick up for altitude, motors increased/decreased speed, loss of altitude until Spark ran into the grass). The second set was even worse. The Spark wasn't even able to take off in automatic nor manual mode.

After switching back to DJI props all is well again. Like others have said, it doesn't make since to cut corners on a vital piece of equipment and put your Spark at risk of crashing.

Video of failed take off.

Wow Pappy, the thing didnt even lift. I was considering some cheap ebay accessories but now I know that props wont be one.

Nice video. I wonder why they didn't lift. I bet cheap plastic that malformed under stress

You guys think original DJI props will never fail? You know their hardware and software fails (just read these and DJI forums) so what makes you think their props are immune? I think there's not much rocket science to making a prop other than inferior material or balancing of the prop but I think you'd be able to tell straight away if there was vibration in your footage for balancing? material well, that's obvious when you open the packet right?
There's only the 2 pins so really only 2 moving parts (and the clip that attaches it to the motor)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef