Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wi-Fi connect/disconnect and repeat??

timtmack

Join
Nov 27, 2017
Hi guys and gals,

Flying my new spark today and loving it. Have the fly more combo. Second day flying it today. I was in a little more populated area. Using a LG G6 phone with controller no OTG cable.
Spark responded fine to radio but would discounted and then re connect for a couple seconds and then disconnect again and didnt this for the whole flight. Any ideas how to stop this? Should I put my phone in airplane mode? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Should I put my phone in airplane mode?
Yes -- and only enable Wi-Fi.

Here are some other things to try:
  • Make sure you don't have any other Wi-Fi/cellular devices near the remote controller
  • Make sure the remote controller antennas are positioned like this
  • Make sure there are no obstacles between the Spark and remote controller
  • Try flying in a location where you know there are no other nearby Wi-Fi signals (e.g. don't fly in a house neighborhood)

Hi guys and gals,

Flying my new spark today and loving it. Have the fly more combo. Second day flying it today. I was in a little more populated area. Using a LG G6 phone with controller no OTG cable.
Spark responded fine to radio but would discounted and then re connect for a couple seconds and then disconnect again and didnt this for the whole flight. Any ideas how to stop this? Should I put my phone in airplane mode? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated
I had that same problem with the initial release of DJI Go 4 ver. 4.1.18. The subsequent patches solved that problem. The current build is 426.
Another option is to downgrade to ver. 4.1.15. This is the most stable version at the moment with a working OTG.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme