Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

You want it? You got it! YAW and ATTI mode!!!

I would love to see how this works out for you, a video example. I was not that impressed with Richard's original example, still seemed to stutter... probably a bitrate thing.

Yes, I noticed that too, and presumed that it was either a YT or video editor problem.

The initial yaw certainly seemed to be smoother than I'm used to though.

We had great weather for flying here today, but I was too busy to try the mod.

I also have to fire up the dreaded Win7 (Linux user), wait for all the updates and reboots, and more reboots - so it's not something that's likely to be done in 5 minutes. :(

I would love to see how this works out for you, a video example. I was not that impressed with Richard's original example, still seemed to stutter... probably a bitrate thing.
I've tried 0.1 exp value. Move the yaw stick a bit. The spark yaw stutter/oscilate. I think the spark unable to yaw in such small angular speed making it stutter adjusting to required target angle. Now I use 0.2 exp value. Better...

Reactions: nilanjan118
Just a quick question if you set the switch to atti mode instead of sport and go out of control range, would the craft still return to home failsafe or just fly off?

Yeah, but if look at the very end of the video it happens even when he just pans without yawing, so I also feel there is something off with the video itself.

Nice tip. If i have a Spark with a latest firmware and using it with CrystalSky with DJI GO 4 v4.3.4., will i be able to change EXPO settings with DJI Assistant v. 1.1.2 and will these changes stay after Spark switch OFF/ON ?
Thank You in advance

Nice tip. If i have a Spark with a latest firmware and using it with CrystalSky with DJI GO 4 v4.3.4., will i be able to change EXPO settings with DJI Assistant v. 1.1.2 and will these changes stay after Spark switch OFF/ON ?
Thank You in advance
Yes, it will stay. You can re check the parameters to make sure

Just wanted to add...I was able to change the YAW angular velocity...

I went back in to DJI Assistant, and I dropped the max angular velocity to 30...it worked...now the yaw is even slower...in fact, it was so slow, I increased the expo back up to .3, because .1, there is almost no control at all near the stick-centered position...plus I think I like the linear feel a little better.

I've tried 0.1 exp value. Move the yaw stick a bit. The spark yaw stutter/oscilate. I think the spark unable to yaw in such small angular speed making it stutter adjusting to required target angle. Now I use 0.2 exp value. Better...
Just wanted to add...I was able to change the YAW angular velocity...

I went back in to DJI Assistant, and I dropped the max angular velocity to 30...it worked...now the yaw is even slower...in fact, it was so slow, I increased the expo back up to .3, because .1, there is almost no control at all near the stick-centered position...plus I think I like the linear feel a little better.

Do you have any test flight video with these changes which you could share here?

Reactions: Maersk65
my first issue.... installed v 1.1.2, logged into my Dji account. Installed, opened app as "Admin." Connected the powered up Spark, heard Windows "connect" sound. Nothing happened on the Assistant screen. Where do I go now? Wondering if I'll need to enable Windows to use an Unsigned Driver?

my first issue.... installed v 1.1.2, logged into my Dji account. Installed, opened app as "Admin." Connected the powered up Spark, heard Windows "connect" sound. Nothing happened on the Assistant screen. Where do I go now? Wondering if I'll need to enable Windows to use an Unsigned Driver?

You need to enter into debug mode to be able to change parameters on your bird.
Watch this video to learn how.

really stupid... When I try to save the modified .js file to enable debug mode, Windows denies me. I've done everything as Administrator.... what stupid Windows trick am I missing? Btw... disregard my last post.

really stupid... When I try to save the modified .js file to enable debug mode, Windows denies me. I've done everything as Administrator.... what stupid Windows trick am I missing? Btw... disregard my last post.
Save the modified file outside program files, rename the original, paste the modified back in

quitting for tonight. I have managed to save my .js file with the 2 backslashes removed. I'll pick up from there tomorrow. I have viewed both of the videos several times. I'm still missing something. :(

quitting for tonight. I have managed to save my .js file with the 2 backslashes removed. I'll pick up from there tomorrow. I have viewed both of the videos several times. I'm still missing something. :(
I've gotten as far as being able to set the debugging ( 0 to 1, False to True), exit panel. I have my Spark running, connected to the computer, RC controller and DJI GO4 app all running. However, I never see the Spark icon in the left panel, saying it is connected. Stuck at this point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef