Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

You want it? You got it! YAW and ATTI mode!!!

ok... missing on how to upload video to the site. Sorry for the thumbnail :( Tips??

ok... missing on how to upload video to the site. Sorry for the thumbnail :( Tips??

Create a YouTube channel and post there.

Copy the the YouTube link and post back in the photo / video section of the Forum under a new thread.

Pictures can be directly uploaded to the Forum, but not video.

Reactions: Rmwac
Every crash sent me into depression just thinking about how I was going to have to tell the wife how much it was going to cost.........

My wife thoroughly expected to see a wrecked device out of my first flight. I have had mine for about 5 months, had a couple of small altercations with trees, a couple of broken props. She now likes the Spark for the pictures and video.

Many, many thanks Wolfgang. Very very good tutorial on using aistant made changing my yaw rate in PGPS mode so easy. On my way out to try it out right now.

Just tried the Yaw and Atti mode hack today. In a very gentle breeze and close to ground: I wasn't too bad with A/C facing away but much more difficult when it was toward me. Definitely useful to practice with and easy to change back with a flick of the switch. The batteries seemed to go flat very quickly which showed how much I needed to concentrate!.;) Interestingly I landed in Atti and changed battery forgetting to switch back but A/C defaulted to GPS mode which was a good feature. I was using Go4 and OTG on my lenovo Tab4 8plus. and will try other apps (Litchi & Drone Harmony) later.

If an unintended auto land starts it is possible to override and fly manually by switching to sport mode will this behaviour be similar when we have replaced sport mode with Atti?

I have arrived at what I believe to be the best settings for cinematographic flying. I reduced stock YAW EXPO from 0.4.... down to 1.5. I Reduced ANGULAR YAW VELOCITY from stock value of 90....down to 30. I Reduced PITCH/ROLL EXPO from the stock 0.4.... down to 1.5. I have no twitchiness as was reported by a member who set the YAW expo to rock bottom of 0.1. I like to have side to side translstion (roll axis), and changing that EXPO has made very fine 3 axis control possible. Remember, for those new to EXPO, you still have full deflection control authority, just the early control throw is much finer.
Hi, Rmwac
I'm new to Spark and reading through the posts found yours above and just wondering if it still valid for better cinematic footage!!! otherwise any update on new settings? thanks

Hi Richard, thanks for sharing these two videos. In the video about Atti mode, you said that Atti mode will still work even though IMU and Compass aren't working, is this correct?

I have never encountered those errors and I hope I never will, but knowing how to react properly when things go haywire really helps.

My second question, if the compass stops working mid-flight, will I still be able to see the orientation/heading of my drone on the lower left corner compass view? I rarely use map. Mostly I use compass view to see the heading and relative location of the drone so if anything happens I still know the last heading and position relative to my position.

Here's a video of me doing the best to get the smoothest Yaw from a DJI Spark

Even with the stock firmware, you will get smoother yaw if you are also pitching the gimbal. What I would like someone to post is pitch at 0 degrees (so straight ahead) and then do a 360 degreee rotation as slowly as possible with these modified Expo settings. Some of that video was nice, but again, its not as telling as straight ahead camera and rotational yaw.

I noticed quite a few "adopters" posting that they would offer video examples, but not so many did... where are those videos? I see only yohanesmangitung's example.

Once my warranty lapses I will take a crack at these changes too. Thats not until May of 2020

Do you have any test flight video with these changes which you could share here?

Hi @nilanjan118

Any update please on those parameters/settings values to change for better smooth yaw!!! Video taking...
Thanks

Hi @nilanjan118

Any update please on those parameters/settings values to change for better smooth yaw!!! Video taking...
Thanks

Hello Maersk65, I did experiment a bit with yaw-expo settings for the Spark but eventually I gave up.
The reason being that whatever values you select, you only get more of an exponential curve than the factory default linear curve. Now the problem with an exponential curve is that you will never be sure how much stick input to use. You will require larger stick movement initially for the yaw to start, which is no doubt good for beginners who take a while to get used to being gentle on the sticks but as you press the sticks further, the yaw speed increases non-linearly (exponentially) and I found it very difficult to control in order to get smooth cinematic shots. I also realised over time that combining forward or backward motion with yaw is the best way to pan across a scene rather than just hovering in place and yawing. The course lock and home lock functions available in Litchi are two great features to perform this combined maneuver efficiently. I am sharing a video below to show what I am trying to explain. The video is a combination of 3 shots. The first shot has been filmed using Litchi home lock, the remaining two are just manual flying. Everything has been shot with factory default settings on the Spark (no yaw-expo function used).

Clear difference with Litchi home lock. Nice music, btw. Panning is always an issue even with motion picture film and video cameras. Insofar as the camera is concerned, yawing and panning are not very different. Consider than the shutter is moving vertically while the pan motion is horizontal resulting in some shifting of the image. The effect can be reduced somewhat by higher frame rates, slower panning and such. It can be quite noticeable in movies running at 24fps.

Reactions: nilanjan118
Hello Maersk65, I did experiment a bit with yaw-expo settings for the Spark but eventually I gave up.
The reason being that whatever values you select, you only get more of an exponential curve than the factory default linear curve. Now the problem with an exponential curve is that you will never be sure how much stick input to use. You will require larger stick movement initially for the yaw to start, which is no doubt good for beginners who take a while to get used to being gentle on the sticks but as you press the sticks further, the yaw speed increases non-linearly (exponentially) and I found it very difficult to control in order to get smooth cinematic shots. I also realised over time that combining forward or backward motion with yaw is the best way to pan across a scene rather than just hovering in place and yawing. The course lock and home lock functions available in Litchi are two great features to perform this combined maneuver efficiently. I am sharing a video below to show what I am trying to explain. The video is a combination of 3 shots. The first shot has been filmed using Litchi home lock, the remaining two are just manual flying. Everything has been shot with factory default settings on the Spark (no yaw-expo function used).

At @nilanjan118
Thank you for very clear explanation ?
Great shots?

Reactions: nilanjan118

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers